From swimming and craft projects to field trips and homework, the YMCA of Greater Spartanburg offers programs for preschool and school-aged children that challenge their imagination, creativity and leadership. Best of all, you can be sure that while your kids are learning and growing at Summer Day Camp, AfterSchool, Child Watch, they are being well cared for at a safe, enjoyable place that will strengthen your family, both while you’re at work and when you’re all together.
We offer a variety of child care services at both the Middle Tyger and Thomas E. Hannah Family YMCA branches and at several off-site locations as well. We base our curriculum on the YMCA’s national character building campaign and incorporate the values of caring, responsibility, honesty, and respect as part of all youth services programming. We seek to support and strengthen the family unit, help children develop to their fullest potential, and present programs and services in a positive environment.
- YMCA Child Care is affordable to the members of the community, and those who cannot afford it are given financial assistance when possible.
- YMCA Child Care helps children grow physically, mentally and spiritually. YMCA programs include character development, international education, health and fitness, environmental awareness, school readiness, diversity, and community service.
- YMCA Child Care supports families through community collaborations with other social service agencies, providing additional support for children and their families.
- YMCA Child Care supports parents through regular activities and opportunities for parental involvement.
- YMCAs are dedicated to developing and maintaining quality child care staff. YMCA Child Care staff regularly pursue ongoing professional development training as a requirement of their positions.
CLICK HERE to download the Childcare Parent Handbook . Revised 10/9/17.