New to our gyms? Get oriented!
WELLNESS CENTER RULES
• Equipment orientations are strongly recommended for everyone. Ask the Front Desk to sign you up for a Ready, Set, Move! Appointment.
• Those 15 and older may use the fitness center without supervision.
• Those 13-14 may use weight and cardio equipment at the Thomas E. Hannah Family YMCA Branch if directly supervised by a parent or person 18 or older and have completed an orientation.
• Children under 13 are not permitted in the wellness center at the Thomas E. Hannah Family YMCA
• Those 10-12 may use cardio equipment at the Middle Tyger Family YMCA Branch if directly supervised by a parent or person 18 or older and have completed an orientation.
• Children under 13 are not permitted in the wellness center at the Thomas E. Hannah Family YMCA, and children under 10 are not permitted in the wellness center at the Middle Tyger Family YMCA.
• Food is not allowed.
• No glassware and all drinks must be contained with a closed lid.
• Please do not slam or drop weights.
• Please re-rack weights after use.
• The Y reserves the right to determine the definition of appropriate attire: Appropriate attire, such as t-shirts, tank tops, socks, and closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times.
• Please report equipment malfunctions to the Y staff immediately.
• Please do not sit on the equipment in between sets.
• Please wipe down equipment after each use. Please do not spray cleaning liquids directly on the machines, as this will damage the machines over time.
• You must wear closed-toed shoes appropriate for working out while in the fitness area.
• Cell phones should be used for emergencies only while you are on the equipment.
• Please limit cardio equipment use to 30 minutes if people are waiting to use the machines.
• Classes: Arriving to a Group Fitness class 10 minutes after the start of class is disruptive. Please make every attempt to be on time.
• In cases of lateness, be quiet and respectful of others when entering a classroom.
• In cases of habitual lateness, you may be asked to not participate in that class and choose another workout.
• Use the same courtesy when leaving a class early.
READY, SET, MOVE!
This program is focused on education and is a great introduction to health & wellness. With your membership at the YMCA, you will be able to work 1-on-1 with a Health and Wellness Specialist to kick start your fitness journey! The Ready, Set, Move! program utilizes a three step process that will help you be successful in reaching your goals while at the YMCA.
Step 1: Fitness Assessment
Step 2: Education
Step 3: Follow Up
Check out our Wellness Centers
THOMAS E. HANNAH FAMILY YMCA
The TOM’s upstairs is dedicated to our wellness fans! This area has convenient lockers, water fountains, bathrooms, rows of cardio machines like treadmills, stair climbers, a Sci Fit Pro 2, NuSteps, ellipticals, (we have Octane Recumbent Ellipticals, too), stationary and recumbent bikes, as well as, some serious strength training equipment from Hammer Strength and Life Fitness.
Included in this upper level is an indoor walking track, a cardio theater room, a giant room for our Group Fitness classes, and houses other equipment like bands, mats, dumbbells, jump ropes, a Pilates Reformer, Bosu balls, squat racks, box jumps, a True Stretch Cage, TRX, medicine balls, kettlebells, and more.
Downstairs our Healthy Living Room contains all our stationary bikes for classes and member use. This community space is open to members if there is not a class and has plenty of space and equipment for personal workouts.